Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finished work for this semester

It was a big rush this week to be ready in time for assesments here, you had to have them finished and exhibited in one of the classrooms so it gave everyones work more of a professional feel; though it also took more time because we had to factor in clearing and painting the classrooms before assesments. I managed to fnish my Spectrum and Boite Caisse Housse projects so that I was happy enough with them, but I had really only started to get the idea for Atlas so I would love to work on that more, I think I could get something really interesting from the idea if I continue to work with it.
 Spectrum:





I really like the finished forms, I think they turned out well, and the colours make them stand out even more. I like the way it's strong and graphic, yet still retains hints of characteristics typical in road signs.

Boite, Caisse, Housse
 I was very happy with the box I made for this project, it is simple and light, and works well with the piece to both protect and display it. My tutors though it was too practical however, and felt that the box should be a little more specific to the shape of the object. I was very happy with the finished form, though I wish I had had the time to try more glazes, as I am not particularly happy with the way this glaze turned out, and don't think it really adds to the piece much.







Atlas
 the finished piece for this project can't really be called finished. I mean I did manage to make a mixed media piece to illustrate my idea of being rotten on the inside and fresh on the outside, but I wasn't happy with the execution and the end result, and hadn't the time to try experiement with different materials to find the best result. I tend to think of it more as a maquette, to help me try to understand the structure and how better to make a finished piece. I would love to work with this more, and try to make a finished piece in clay.






No comments:

Post a Comment